A place to talk about idols, celebrities and why we like them so much.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

CAZUZA










A person who has influenced me a lot is Cazuza. He was a great and famous singer and composer who was born in Rio de Janeiro in April 4th, 1958. He started his career when he met Roberto Frejat, who was looking for a singer to his new band, Barão Vermelho. Cazuza died in 1990 in Boston. He was and still is one of the best Brasilian singers. He recorded 10 albums in which most of the lyrics are his. All songs expressed what he felt and thought of the world and people.

This man was very sincere, happy, funny…What I love in Cazuza is the way he enjoyed life! He lived his life intensely, as if each day was the last. He had Aids, so his last months of life were very difficult. He used to go to Boston to treat his illness, and after some time, he died.

He is an example of courage, strength and life to me. I intend to live my life like him. I intend to live my life intensely.



The writer for Itabira

Carlos Drummond de Andrade is considered one of the most important writers in Brazil.
He was born in a little town called Itabira. After graduating in pharmacy he got a public job, but he started to write and continued doing it even after his only child´s death.

His texts show feelings like love, hate, friendship, stress and he has contributed a lot to Brazilian literature. There are many places like schools, shopping centres , bookshops and even universities which were named after him.

Some days when I´m tired and a bit disappointed with the world I live in his books are good companions. I think he has contributed to society and will always be by showing us the world the way he felt it.



Project from
Fernanda and Marina
Higher 3
Teacher Virginia

Centro Britânico
Pompéia Branch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home